Skip to content

[HV tour #020] Bosmie L'Aiguille Eglise Notre-Dame Traditional Cache

Hidden : 05/03/2021
Difficulty:
1.5 out of 5
Terrain:
1 out of 5

Size: Size:   micro (micro)

Join now to view geocache location details. It's free!

Watch

How Geocaching Works

Please note Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.

Geocache Description:


Cette cache fait partie du "HV tour, les 200 communes de la Haute-Vienne" (lancé sur une idée de AirV).

[HV tour #020] Bosmie L'Aiguille - Eglise Notre-Dame




Taille NANO - NANO Size


C’est en 1792 que l’enclave de Bosmie se détacha d’Isle pour devenir une commune à part entière.

Son essor commença en 1860 avec la construction de la voie ferrée et de son viaduc, en 1864 l’édification du pont sur la Vienne et se poursuivit en 1885 avec l’installation des papeteries cartonneries Lacaux, encore présentes à l'entrée du bourg.

Ce n’est qu’en 1966 que la commune de Bosmie prit le nom de Bosmie-l’Aiguille.

Elle compte aujourd’hui environ 2500 habitants et fait partie de la communauté de communes du Val de Vienne. Elle est jumelée avec la ville espagnole de Pedralba. Quatre cours d’eau la sillonnent : la Vienne, la Briance, le Cramouloux et le Boulou.

La mairie est installée depuis 1980 dans le château du Boucheron, construit au 19ème siècle par l’ingénieur Paul-Valentin Amilhau, maire de la commune de 1896 à 1908.

L'église Notre-Dame est de style moderne car construite dans les années 1960, pour répondre à une forte croissance de la population.
Elle est située au flan du coteau. La nef va en se rétrécissant vers le choeur, le plafond est en lambris.

L'autel est éclairé grâce au plafond plus haut et aux fenêtres avec des vitraux abstraits réchauffant cette architecture en béton.

Elle est ouverte tous les jours. Les visites sont interdites durant les offices religieux.

.

Eglise Notre-Dame

In 1792 the enclave of Bosmie separated itself from Isle to become a commune in its own right.

Its expansion began in 1860 with the construction of the railway track and its viaduct, in 1864 the construction of the bridge on the Vienne and continued in 1885 with the installation of Lacaux paperboard mills, still present at the entrance of the village.

It was not until 1966 that the commune of Bosmie took the name of Bosmie-l'Aiguille.

Today it has about 2500 inhabitants and is part of the community of communes of the Val de Vienne. It is twinned with the Spanish town of Pedralba. Four rivers crisscross it: the Vienne, the Briance, the Cramouloux and the Boulou.

The town hall has been located since 1980 in the castle of Boucheron, built in the 19th century by the engineer Paul-Valentin Amilhau, mayor of the town from 1896 to 1908.

The Notre-Dame Church is modern in style because it was built in the 1960s to accommodate a strong population growth.

It is located at the edge of the hill. The nave narrows towards the choir, the ceiling is panelled.

The altar is lit thanks to the higher ceiling and the windows with abstract stained glass windows warming this concrete architecture.

It is open every day. Visits are prohibited during religious services.




Château du Boucheron


Additional Hints (Decrypt)

[FR] Erzbagrm yr ybat qr yn fbhepr [EN] Tb hc nybat gur fbhepr

Decryption Key

A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M
-------------------------
N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z

(letter above equals below, and vice versa)