Monocacy River Clean-Up
Come join us for a river clean up in the heart of Frederick.
This CITO will be done in the water and will require a kayak, canoe or other non-motorized boat.
As much as I love to kayak, I hate seeing all the trash that collects in the water. Let's do our part to clean up this area.
I will provide trash bags.
Please bring the following:
- A non-motorized boat - kayak, canoe, rowboat
- PFD - Personal Flotation Device - life jacket
- Paddles or oars - can't go anywhere without them
- Sunscreen - pretty sure it will be hot
- Hat - protection is key
- Bug spray - don't want to get bitten up
- Grabbing tool - easier to pull trash out of the water if you have something to grab with
- Gloves - some of that trash is nasty
- GPS - we won't just be finding trash, we may also find a cache (or 2)
- Plenty of drinking water - that goes without saying
- Good work ethic - CITO's can be lots of work
I hope to clean up the river about half a mile upstream and half a mile downstream from the boat launch.
Put-in and take-out will be in the same location.
Note: There aren't really any close take out areas downstream, you'd have to float down a few miles to the next boat launch.
Attendance to this event makes you eligible to receive the Cache In Trash Out®, Season 1 Souvenir which has been extended this year.