The Urania Palace in Cluj-Napoca is one of the city's monuments; it is included in the list of monuments in Romania under the serial number CJ-II-m-B-07349. The three-storey building on the corner of the former Nagy utca (later Ferenc József, now Horea út) and Radák (today Dacia) utca was designed by Géza Kappéter, a resident of Budapest; József Steiner from Arad also contributed to the planning. The builder and first owner was András Udvari, a blacksmith and car manufacturer in Cluj-Napoca, who pitched a tent in the yard of his workshop around the turn of the century and began screening motion pictures. The business was so successful that on December 10, 1910, it was able to solemnly open this building, which at the time included 17 apartments, 10 shops on the ground floor facing the two streets, and most importantly a 400-seat cinema. There is a press report about the demand of the population to remove the reliefs of naked men from the building (in the October 29, 1910 issue of the Cluj-Napoca Newspaper). On the evening of January 9, 1927, a fire broke out in the building, and by the time the firefighters managed to control the situation, the roof of the building burned down.
The series of huge white bas-reliefs placed in symmetrical order under the curved glass rain cover on the upper façade of the modernist Art Nouveau trend symbolizes work and science. The cinema, originally opened as Uránia, operated as Árpád's cinema between 1943 and 1945, again from 1945 as Uránia, after the nationalization in 1948 on August 23, and from 1990 under Favorit.