Velden offers endless recreation possiblities - including Geocaching. It is located in the south of Carinthia. The beautiful lake Wörthersee is perfect for all kinds of water sports. Summer, sun and fun - just be there :-) On your way to the cache you can enjoy the wonderful atmosphere while strolling along the beach promenande.
N 46° 36.911
E 14° 02.588
At the start coordinates there is a giant marble ball which rotates slowly. Try your luck and count the number of diamonds of the small circle. The result is S.
N 46° 36.567 + S * 10
E 14° 02.748 - S * 10
At stage 2 you are standing in front of an impressive portal. On the top there is a four digit number. The crossfoot* of this number is F.
N 46° 36.587 + S - F
E 14° 03.002 - S + F
The cache location is a rather public place, so be very stealthy there. I recommend to pick up the cache quickly and move to a secure place where you can log your visit and make your trade. Please also be careful when you hide it again.
Besides the obligatory logbook, geocache note and pen, the cache initially contained:
- Diving googles (to examine the impressive underwater world of the lake Wörthersee)
- Micro floating tire (not coast guard approved)
- Velden Summer Carnival foldable sunglasses (very rare)
- Wörthersee sweets (yam, yam)
- Wörthersee sticker (stick it anywhere)
- Velden sticker (never go out without it)
- Velden city map (in case you run out of batteries ;-)
- Golf ball (you never know when you need one)
- 2 pens (also quite useful)
*) crossfoot of "1234" = 1+2+3+4 = 10
Version 1.1 (last update: 13th Aug 2005)