Not just a cache... it's an adventure!
Looking for a little more adventure in your night caching? Then
throw on some boots and warm clothes after the sun goes down and
head on out Troutdale way. This cache will keep you busy stumbling
around in the dark for well over an hour with reflectors, maps,
waypoint projections, and flashing lights!
From the parking coordinates listed below head down an old road
to the coordinates for the cache page. Here you will find yourself
in a large field. Start walking toward the middle of the field
while using your flashlight to find a reflector nearby. Below the
reflector will be a small metal tag with the coordinates to the map
cache. Watch your step near this tag! Use the map to find
the cache. Good luck and enjoy your nocturnal walkabout!
N 45° 32.695' W 122° 22.656'
CURRENT TROUTDALE WEATHER - CLICK
- Allow about an hour-and-a-half to two hours
complete this nocturnal adventure. Plan on walking approximately
- Be sure to bring extra batteries for your GPS and flashlights.
All compass bearings given are Magnetic North.
- This cache is not for kids and it's probably best to leave the
dogs at home as well.
- Wear some good hiking boots. Watch out for gopher holes and
hidden logs under the grasses.
- Best light combo to bring would be a headlamp to see where you
are placing your feet and a larger-brighter handheld to find the
reflectors and to navigate through certain parts of the cache
route. Taking anything less may make it impossible to find the
- Cache is a small ammo can.