OK Geocaching junkies here's the plan:
1. Between now and October 12th hide a cache in the Ottawa area.
2. Do not post it on this site until the 12th. If you like though you can post it and then temporarily disable it. The reason we state the 12th is that it sometimes takes a few days for caches to be approved, and since there will be several hidden for this event the liklihood of it taking longer than usual is very high. Perhaps the best thing to do when you post your cache is to state that it has been hidden for the GAG 7 event and should not be sought until 6:00 p.m. on the 14th.
3. All geocachers who wish to participate should enter the coordinates of the hidden caches for this event on their GPS and then head out to find as many as they can as of 6:00 p.m. on the 14th until 6:00 p.m. on the 15th.
4. At 6:00 p.m. on the 15th after a LONG day of caching, we will meet at a local restaurant for food, beer, etc.... Note: The above coords are for the restaurant.
5. We will create a geocaching trivia game to be played at the restaurant which will help you get to know one another a little better. To aid the game it would be great if you could bring an item that could be used as a prize, i.e. t-shirts from the company you work at, a bottle of wine that has been collecting dust, etc..
6. If you have any ideas to add to this event please send us an email and we will try to incorporate them.
7. Please post a note on this page indicating if you can make it and how many will be in your party with a breakdown between adults and children. Additionally, please include in your post if you are able to bring a prize along, you do not have to identify what it is.
8. We will list all caches on this page just prior to the event. If you have any questions please send us an email.
GAG7 Cache List