Use this space to describe your geocache location, container, and how it's hidden to your reviewer. If you've made changes, tell the reviewer what changes you made. The more they know, the easier it is for them to publish your geocache. This note will not be visible to the public when your geocache is published.
Go and Get Em 8!!!
Saturday, April 29, 2006
Size:  (not chosen)
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
For those of you that are new to geocaching this is a great opportunity to log a bunch of caches and put faces to names. And for those of your that have been around forever as the Ottawa geocaching community has been active now for five years it is an opportunity to meet old friends.
OK Geocaching junkies here's the plan:
- Between now and April 26th hide a cache in the Ottawa area.
- Do not post it on this site until the 26th. If you like though you can post it and then temporarily disable it. The reason we state the 26th is that it sometimes takes a few days for caches to be approved, and since there will be several hidden for this event the liklihood of it taking longer than usual is very high. Perhaps the best thing to do when you post your cache is to state that it has been hidden for the GAG 8 event and should not be sought until 6:00 p.m. on the 28th. You should also preface your cache name with GAG8.
- All geocachers who wish to participate should enter the coordinates of the hidden caches for this event on their GPS and then head out to find as many as they can as of 6:00 p.m. on the 28th until 6:00 p.m. on the 29th.
- At 6:00 p.m. on the 29th after a LONG day of caching, we will meet at a local restaurant for food, beer, etc.... Note: The above coords are for the restaurant.
- We will create a game to be played at the restaurant which will help you get to know one another a little better. To aid the game it would be great if you could bring an item that could be used as a prize, i.e. t-shirts from the company you work at, a bottle of wine that has been collecting dust, etc..
- If you have any ideas to add to this event please send us an email and we will try to incorporate them.
- Please post a note on this page indicating if you can make it and how many will be in your party with a breakdown between adults and children.
- We will list all caches on this page just prior to the event. If you have any questions please send us an email.
Happy hiding and seeking! See you on the 29th or on the trails... This time we are getting a babysitter so we can hunt on the 28th! Cheers, T,N,F,& S
GAG8 Cache List
Arrq gb ernpu hf. Cyrnfr pnyy zl pryy - 791-2921.
Loading Cache Logs...
Last Updated: on 11/15/2017 3:21:39 PM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) (11:21 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum