Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Robert Campbell, a prominent Scottish merchant in the early days of Sydney, purchased this land in 1799. Commonly known as the father of Australian commerce, he constructed a private wharf to house imports such as sugar, tea, and spirits from India. He was the only merchant that broke the monopoly held by the British East India Company.
From 1838, he began construction of 5 sandstone bays (Campbell Storehouses) which are still standing to this day.
Today, some small art galleries as well as a variety of waterside restaurants with spectacular views occupy the Campbell Storehouses. Pullies that were used to hoist cargoes can still be seen on the upper levels of the warehouses.
The Cove is also a port for Sydney's fully operational tall ships. The rebuilt 1902 Solway and the 18th century replica of HMAV Bounty both offer cruises around the harbour.
(No hints available.)