In Wisconsin, United States
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
Looking for a camo jar with room for small trade items. This is only winter friendly if you plan to walk in from the road (not plowed).
The cache is not on any gravestone. Please be respectful if families are visiting a loved one or caring for the grounds. Come back another time if neccesary
The Martell Lutheran Church, originally known as the Martell Norwegian Evangelical Lutheran Church, was built in 1859 and was formalled dedicated in 1863. Martell Lutheran Church was organized as the result of a need for an English speaking Lutheran congregation in the township. The founders elected to become affiliated with the United Lutheran Church of America. Their church building was erected on a parcel of land donated by T. Rollofson in Section 14 on the northern side of the village of Martell, at what is now just north of State Highway 63, with a time capsule was enclosed in the foundation’s northwest cornerstone. Its affiliated cemetery, established one half mile west, is now surrounded by farm fields.
The congregation remained vital until 1957, when it merged with the congregations of Rush River, South Rush River and Our Savior’s Lutheran churches. The building was sold and remodeled for use as a home, which still stands on 801st Street. Pastors who served the church until merger were N. Arveson (1888 – 1890), T. H. Haugan (1890 – 1897), E. K. Johnson (1897 – 1900), T. H. Haugan (1900 – 1907), L. K. Aaberg (1908 – 1928), and R. T. Jothen (1928 – 1957).
(No hints available.)
Last Updated: on 10/25/2015 12:11:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time (7:11 PM GMT)
Coordinates are in the WGS84 datum