The Ghosts of Earlswood Common - A night cache
How Geocaching Works
Use of geocaching.com services is subject to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer
An ancient land.
Occupied for thousands of years. Most come and go, but a few cannot leave.
A night cache adventure discovering these trapped souls.
A journey of the senses, of stories and of tragedy.
Please note at the bottom as the cache has changed as at Nov 2015
Practical and useful information - PLEASE READ
This cache was placed by kind permission of the Countryside Officer, Reigate and Banstead Council.
- You should allow about 1-3 hours for this cache.
- The cache is suitable for anyone ready for a night adventure, including family groups with older kids
- There is a decent length walk involved. The terrain is either gravel path, grass and some short stretches which will be very muddy in winter. Please come prepared!
- I have used the same kind of trail markers throughout - so you should get used to finding them :)
- The markers are "retro - reflective", which means they are MUCH easier to see if your torch is near to your eyeline. Those with head torches don't need to worry as the light is in the perfect place to shine back from the markers!
- The terrain is generally easy and rolling. There is one "obstacle" which is towards the beginning. You'll know when you find it. Take it easy stepping over it and you'll be fine. A steadying hand from a friend is helpful.
- There are some drainage ditches on the trail. Some are quite narrow so keep your eyes peeled.
- At one point the trail passes near some houses and a road. Please be respectful with your torchlight
- Typically, the trail follows the path. If you lose the trail, go back to the last marker, stop and look around. There are some turns.
- In the normal way a double marker indicates something physical is nearby
- Please respect what is placed out there and leave things as you find them. As will become clear a lot of work has gone into this. I'd love to hear if there are any issues - and good feedback appreciated too! (No spoilers in the logs though please)
Update Nov 2015
One of the ghosts from the cache has gone missing! Thankfully she left behind an email address and a way of finding her secrets
She has asked two questions as follows
Q1.The Lower Lake is the older of the two lakes. It is mentioned as early as 1C6C
Q2.Earlswood common is approximately 2D7 acres
Please email your answers to the theghostscCdD@gmail.com, substituting the values for capital C and capital D into the email address. E.g. if you think that C is 9 and D is 1 in the questions above, you would send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please add your username as the subject
The ghost will reply if you are correct :)
ZBFG BS GURZ NER URER ZBFG BS GURZ NER URER ZBFG BS GURZ NER URER