This cache is to celebrate my 50th birthday and so the hidden date is set to that date. What could be more appropriate than a cache at the landmark from which I took my geocaching name and the milestone birthday of the year which gave rise to the numeric suffix?
In order to do this virtual cache you will need to visit St Mary's and All Saints Church (Crooked Spire) in Chesterfield.
Please see the Crooked Spire's website for public visiting and tower tour times.
You have two options -
Search the church and its grounds to locate the items in the following pictures. However one is not there.
To claim a find for this virtual send the answers to the following 2 questions to me through my profile page and attach a photo to your log of you in front of the organ pipes in the Crooked Spire church.
1. Which numbered item is not in the church or its grounds?
2. On top of the crooked spire is a golden cockerel. What is engraved on the cockerel?
3. Post a photo of yourself in front of the organ pipes inside the Crooked Spire church. It is acceptable for those who are camera shy to obscure their face.
Go up the tower, for which there is a charge.
To claim a find for this virtual send the answers to the following 2 questions to me through my profile page and attach a photo to your log of you on the tour as defined below.
1. What name is engraved on the smallest bell in the Crooked Spires belfry?
2. How many rungs are on the ladder leading out onto the towers parapet? (just the rungs not the step)
3. Post a photo of yourself on the tower parapet. (In windy conditions visitors are not allowed out onto the parapet). Alternatively post a photo of yourself in the belfry with the bells. It is acceptable for those who are camera shy to obscure their face.
Virtual Reward - 2017/2018
This Virtual Cache is part of a limited release of Virtuals created between August 24, 2017 and August 24, 2018. Only 4,000 cache owners were given the opportunity to hide a Virtual Cache. Learn more about Virtual Rewards on the Geocaching Blog.