To celebrate finding our 2000th cache we thought we'd give something back to the community: we'll commit to provide a supply of ready made caches for you to place.
We'll give an open ended comittment as the 'Bank Of Cacheon' to keep our Cache Dispenser topped up. All you have to do to log the cache is sign the logbook, take a ready made cache (different sizes available, swaps included) and hide within 1 month.
Although this is listed as a Unknown / Puzzle cache type, this is only because of the GC.com new rules relating to 'special logging requirements'. There is no puzzle to solve and the cache is at the stated co-ordinates.
Special logging requirements - please read before attempting this cache.
To log this cache you must:
- Sign the cache logbook.
- Take one of the caches from the Cache Dispenser.
- Hide this cache in a nice place in the North Shropshire / South Cheshire / West or South Staffordshire area and have it published on GC.com within 1 month of finding the cache.
- Strictly one cache per team per visit.
- We're happy for people to make multiple visits to the cache to pick up more caches to hide as long as it's not excessive. Log multiple visits using a Note and not a Find.
- Mention in your log what size cache you have taken (so we know which one to replace).
Don't worry if you'd rather not maintain your new cache - we're more than happy to look after it, providing it's within 30 miles of home (GCXN71). We'll even adopt it if you don't want a cache hide showing on your profile for any reason.
We're giving a commitment to supply the ready made caches and in return we do expect the above rules to be adhered to. Anyone who does not hide and publish their new cache within 1 month will have their log deleted.
It goes without saying that you should place the cache in a nice location with a view, some history or something else of interest. We want to encourage more caches to be set round here, but only for a good reason.
We suggest you park at or near N52 47.708 W2 29.119. Once you have found the cache, follow the instructions on the inside of the cache lid.
Please re-hide as well as, or better, than you found it.
At the time of placing the cache, there are two regular sized caches, one small cache and two micro caches in it.
We've invested quite a bit of time, money and effort into the Cache Dispenser so we'd ask that you be extra stealthy when finding it. If there is any chance of you being seen, please save the cache for another time.
The difficulty rating reflects the logging requirements of this cache. The actual cache is more like a difficulty rating 2.
Please note that the Cache Dispenser is a camo'd large ammo box and not the camo'd water bottle that is nearby.
Hall Of Fame
|First to Find:
|Second to Find:
|Third to Find:
New Caches Resulting From Cache Dispenser
- Second Innings - (Son of CD) by dmsstonerambler - placed 7/4/07.
- Waterway to Wombridge by Mortington Bear - placed 13/4/07.
- Round and Round The Roundabout by tacanman - placed 20/4/07 (not actually a container from Cache Dispenser).
- BANSHEE STEALTH HO by The Washers - placed 21/4/07.
- Diglake Mining Memorial by browni - placed 22/4/07.
- TH£ GRAND CACHE by Rosie's Rangers - placed 23/4/07.
- The Great Escape by snerdbe - placed 28/4/07.
- Granville 1 – The Minors Entrance by Pirates of Shropshire - we luv hunting fa treasure - placed 1/5/07.
- Flounders Folly by wigglesworth - placed 4/5/07.
- Next Stop Ellesmere! by elis - placed 11/5/07.
- 1 Bridge not far enough? by Fletchershank - placed 15/5/07.
- Daves Cache by team pendolino - placed 15/5/07.
- First Innings by The Haywood Hornet - placed 26/5/07.
- Guitar Lessons by Sarah Shropshire - placed 4/6/07.
If you are unsure how to rate this cache just click on the `Rate this cache icon` above and follow instructions.