About This Cache:
(NFL: 1995 - Present)
Five Facts about the Jacksonville Jaguars:
· The Jaguars made it to the AFC Championship Game in just their second year in the league.
· In 1999, just the Jaguars fourth season in the league, they compiled a 14-2 record which was the best in the NFL that year.
· Due to the original Jaguars logo looking too much like the logo for the Jaguar automobile, an agreement was worked out where Jaguar would be the official automobile of the Jacksonville Jaguars.
· The first player enshrined in the Jaguars “Pride of the Jaguars” was Offensive Lineman Tony Boselli, who also happens to be the first player ever drafted by Jacksonville.
· Although the Carolina Panthers and Jacksonville Jaguars came into the league in the same year, Carolina is officially the 29th NFL team and Jacksonville is the 30th.
Now about the cache: Week 11: Trying out a new type of cache again, a multicache. Not terribly difficult, but make sure you pay close attention to everything! I’ve been known to make things a little more difficult than they should be. J Don’t forget to keep track of your playbook for the series. Have fun!
1) At the posted coordinates (N 35° 28.922 W 080° 36.805) you will be standing within an old cemetery.
a. Find the tombstone who has written on it: “A little bud of love To bloom with God above”
b. Take the year he died and divide it by the number of diamond tombstones within the cemetery.
c. Multiply your answer by 2 then subtract 18.
2) Step 2, go to the following coordinates N 35° 28.858' W 80° 36.___' (Fill in the blank with your answer from step 1c)
a. What was Bill’s goal? Count the number of letters in the sentence about his goal.
b. Add 27 to the answer from step 2a.
c. Subtract 44 from the answer in step 2a.
3) Step 3, go to the following coordinates:
N 35° 28.7__' (fill in the blanks in the North Coordinate with the answer in step 2b)
W 80° 36.8__' (Fill in the blanks in the West coordinate with the answer in step 2c)
a. From this spot, count the number of glass panes on this side (south facing side) of the main church building. Do not include the 2 windows on the building behind the main church building.
b. Add 22 to the number of panes you found in 3a. Then divide your answer by 10.
c. Subtract 2 from the number of panes you found in 3a and then multiply by 6 then subtract 113.
4) Final Location:
N 35° 28.8__' (Fill in the blanks in the North Coordinate with the answer in step 3b)
W 80° 36.___’ (Fill in the blanks in the North Coordinate with the answer in step 3c)
About The Series:
"ROAD TO THE SUPER BOWL"
Welcome to the NFL football season. What would the NFL season be like without a new football cache series to find? Throughout the football weeks, bluepant and mob1971, will be hiding a series of different style NFL team caches. These caches hope to excite the football fanatics and also teach the not so football savvy some things about each team. These caches will provide clues and information to our Super Bowl cache finale called "Road to the Super Bowl"
PRESEASON GAMES (Teaser caches, does not include the needed hints for the series finale cache):
DALLAS TEXANS and CANTON BULLDOGS
Stage 1 – Playbook
Stage 2 – Super Bowl
Each cache will contain a trivia question about that team that could be critical to finding the final cache "Road to the Super Bowl". Please make sure you take time to read your playbook and keep up with the questions and answers in preparation for the FINAL exam. Please DO NOT POST any of the answers or questions in your logs. If you have any questions regarding the trivia questions, feel free to email bluepant or mob1971. The FINAL playbook will contain a variety of questions from the above caches in order to obtain the "Road to the Super Bowl" coordinates (HINT: Answers to FINAL playbook will come from a number of caches you found during the season, so I would hate for you to try to skip one or two of the caches and miss a question). Have fun and enjoy this series.