About This Cache:
(AFL: 1966 – 1969
NFL: 1970 - Present)
1972 Super Bowl Champions (VII)
1973 Super Bowl Champions (VIII)
Five Facts about the Miami Dolphins:
· In 1977, quarterback Bob Griese became the first quarterback to wear eyeglasses during a regular season game.
· In 1979, Dan Marino was drafted by the Kansas City Royals in the Baseball Draft.
· Running back Ricky Williams is a qualified yoga instructor.
· During Hall-of-Fame Head Coach Don Shula’s 26 year stay in Miami, the Dolphins only had two losing seasons.
· A contest was held in 1965 to name the new Miami football team, other than Dolphins the finalist names were: Marauders, Mustangs, Mariners, Missiles, Moons, Sharks, and Suns.
Now about the cache: Week 4: Time for a quick P&G. Hope you all are enjoying the series and remember to keep track of your playbook for the series.
About The Series:
"ROAD TO THE SUPER BOWL"
Welcome to the NFL football season. What would the NFL season be like without a new football cache series to find? Throughout the football weeks, bluepant and mob1971, will be hiding a series of different style NFL team caches. These caches hope to excite the football fanatics and also teach the not so football savvy some things about each team. These caches will provide clues and information to our Super Bowl cache finale called "Road to the Super Bowl"
PRESEASON GAMES (Teaser caches, does not include the needed hints for the series finale cache):
DALLAS TEXANS and CANTON BULLDOGS
Stage 1 – Playbook
Stage 2 – Super Bowl
Each cache will contain a trivia question about that team that could be critical to finding the final cache "Road to the Super Bowl". Please make sure you take time to read your playbook and keep up with the questions and answers in preparation for the FINAL exam. Please DO NOT POST any of the answers or questions in your logs. If you have any questions regarding the trivia questions, feel free to email bluepant or mob1971. The FINAL playbook will contain a variety of questions from the above caches in order to obtain the "Road to the Super Bowl" coordinates (HINT: Answers to FINAL playbook will come from a number of caches you found during the season, so I would hate for you to try to skip one or two of the caches and miss a question). Have fun and enjoy this series.