About This Cache:
5 things you didn’t know about the Redskins:
1. The Redskins won their first NFL Championship in 1937, their first year in Washington DC
2. In 1983 did you know that Washington only lost 2 games that year, both were Monday Night Football games.
3. Hall of fame running back John Riggins was the second player ever in the NFL to rush for over a 100 TD; first was Jim Brown of the Browns
4. Joe Gibbs won three Super Bowls with the Redskins, each time with a different QB (Theismann, Williams, Rypien)
5. Although not officially retired the Redskins have not re-used the numbers of Riggins, Theismann, Jurgensen, Monk.
NFL RIP Puzzle cache: You will pay your respects in a cemetery where you will complete the puzzle to locate the Redskins cache. During your search you will have to know your football trivia as the headstones you will be looking for have something to do with football. Could be a last name, nickname, jersey number of players… Once you solve the clues you will be able to have the final coordinates for this cache. The coordinates listed above are for the cemetery in general.
FINAL CACHE is located at: N 35 26.ABC W 080 32.DEF
1. Andre “_ _ _ _ _ _ _” #21 CB of the Denver Broncos (2010) attended the University of South Carolina. Once you find his last name you are looking for that headstone. Gilbert lays here and died in 194_? = A
2. Former Dallas Cowboys fullback Darryl Johnston had a nick name: “_ _ _ _ _”. There is an emblem of this nickname on a tombstone.
Nita was born in 191_? +3 =B
3. “_ _ _ _ _ _” Freeney from the Indianapolis Colts #93? This family has the largest tombstone here. If you take the month “_ _ _ _ _ _” was born and count the letters in this month you will have = C
1. This famous Pittsburgh Steeler was the 21st pick in the 1974 NFL Draft. This young person was 21 when they passed away. Take year they were born _ _ _ _ and add the numbers together - 9 = E
2. This is the official company that makes NFL footballs? Clyde died April 6th of 200_? + 1 = D
3. Message “ She is not dead but sleepeth” Number of letters in this person name = F
Check Sum for A+B+C+D+E+F= 44
About The Series:
"ROAD TO THE SUPER BOWL"
Welcome to the NFL football season. What would the NFL season be like without a new football cache series to find? Throughout the football weeks, bluepant and mob1971, will be hiding a series of different style NFL team caches. These caches hope to excite the football fanatics and also teach the not so football savvy some things about each team. These caches will provide clues and information to our Super Bowl cache finale called "Road to the Super Bowl"
PRESEASON GAMES (Teaser caches, does not include the needed hints for the series finale cache):
DALLAS TEXANS and CANTON BULLDOGS
Each cache will contain a trivia question about that team that could be critical to finding the final cache "Road to the Super Bowl". Please make sure you take time to read your playbook and keep up with the questions and answers in preparation for the FINAL exam (Super Bowl week). Please DO NOT POST any of the answers or questions in your logs. If you have any questions regarding the trivia questions, feel free to email bluepant or mob1971. The FINAL playbook will contain 17 questions in order to obtain the "Road to the Super Bowl" coordinates (HINT: Answers to FINAL playbook will come from 17 of the 32 caches you found during the season, so I would hate for you to try to skip one or two of the caches and miss a question). Have fun and enjoy this series.