Groundspeak developers unveil the latest update to the Geocaching.com Android application. Version 2.0 of the Geocaching.com app for the Android platform became available on May 18. Geocachers will enjoy a new look and feel for the app. They will also experience more powerful search options and an overall enhanced treasure-hunting adventure. The geocaching adventure will even last longer: developers increased the performance of the app, extending the battery life.
New Features include:
* Advanced search
– Location Search
– Filter by Cache Types
– Filter by Size
– Exclude Finds
– Filter by Difficulty
– Filter by Terrain
– Search by Geocache Name
– Filter by Other Users’ Finds
* Major User Interface update
* Geocaches, Searches and Pocket Queries may now be saved into custom lists
* True multi-user support; multiple users have their own geocache database on a device
* Most recently viewed geocaches are cached on the device
* New cache icons
* Cache search list remembers your sort settings when retrieving “more” caches
* Log/recent photos can now be found with the actual log. When a log has a photo icon, click the log and the photo will appear. Only the cache photos will be found in the photos link in the cache details
* Added a “waiting” animation when the cache hasn’t yet fully loaded
* There is a photo loading animation instead of a frowny face
* Update a saved geocache by selecting “update” from the menu in cache details
* Cancel Pocket Query download by pressing the back button
Android owners can download Groundspeak’s Geocaching for Android Application from the Android Market.
Discuss Geocaching with Android devices and submit feature suggestions on the Groundspeak feedback site.