Trick or treating may be off the table for many mini-cachers this year. Luckily Halloween season is underway in the world of geocaching. Bring your costume and your geo-senses, because it’s about to get spooky with these 5 tips on how to make Halloween safe and fun with geocaching in 2020.
1) Cache-oween! Search for geocaches that go well with your child’s costume. Do you have an astronaut in your space this year? Find some extra-terrestrial caches. Is a detective snooping around your living room? Find some mystery caches so they can crack the case! Searching for attributes can help.
2) Haunt your neighborhood. Plan a socially distanced caching route near your home. Every logged find gets a piece of candy!
3) Track or treat! Grab some trackables and “dip” them in the caches that you visit. Watch the mileage on your travel bugs rise like the full moon!
Image by mrpb27.
4) What lurks in the dark? If you have some brave little ones, bring them along to find some caches in the nighttime. Don’t forget your flashlight
5) Stealth mode: activated. Pretend you are ghosts and do your best to cache hunt without being seen by those lurking muggles! Each unknowing soul passed by gets a celebratory candy.
Make this year’s Hallow’s Eve unique! For more ideas, visit this blog on how to “creep” it real!