So you got your party hats, noise makers, streamers, balloons, confetti, and champagne all ready to go. You’ve decided which geocaching event to attend, or which geocache to find on December 31 and January 1 to earn your Goodbye 2015 and Hello 2016 souvenirs. But how will you share it with the world?
We got you.
Post your great New Year’s photos to Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram using the hashtag #Geocaching and this downloadable Goodbye 2015 / Hello 2016 template (see photos below). Tell us your favorite memories from 2015 and your geocaching resolutions for 2016. We can hardly wait to see what the New Year brings everyone!
Just for fun, here’s a list of interesting facts about different New Year traditions from around the world:
- Samoans used to be the last to ring in the new year, but are now one of the first since the International Date Line was moved in 2011/2012.
- Filipinos wear a polka dot dress and eat round fruits (such as grapes) to attract good fortune.
- Germans and Austrians pour molten lead in a bowl of water, and the shape determines their fate for the new year.
- Americans kiss at the stroke of midnight in the hopes of finding true love.
- Geocachers reflect on their accomplishments from 2015, and set their goals for 2016.
What geo-accomplishments were you proud of in 2015? What is your geo-goal for 2016? Share your #Geocaching photos with us!