Corfu Island is located in the Ionian Sea on the northwest coast of Greece. This stunning area is known for its rugged coastline, remote beaches, idyllic villages, Byzantine churches, Venetian fortresses, and Greek temples. It’s also known for a prized Multi-Cache.
You must work alone this week August 7 to August 13, to collect 25 gold coins individually on the Friend League and earn the final map piece souvenir! Earn extra gold coins for finding geocaches with high difficulty or terrain rating. If you earn map pieces one through four, the lost treasure will soon be yours…
From August 7 to August 16 only, we’re opening up all D and T ratings for Traditionals (excluding Premium only) in the Geocaching® app to all members!
The Geocaching International Film Festival (GIFF) is still three months away (November 2 – 6) but now is the perfect time to start planning your event. Don’t know where to start? Look here for help.
GIFF is your only chance to earn a souvenir by watching a whole series of unique and fun geocaching movies. For more inspiration, check out these amazing moments from GIFF 2016.
Questions you should think about while planning:
- What equipment will you use to show the finalist films?
- How many people will come and how many seats do you need?
- Will your film night have a theme, snacks, or film judging?
How to host a GIFF Event:
- Read the tips for hosting an event.
- Submit your event listing on Geocaching.com at least two weeks prior to the date of your event and wait for it to be published by a Volunteer Reviewer.
- Once your event is published, fill out the GIFF Sign Up Form.
- Wait for your event to be approved via email by the GIFF team at HQ.
Approved events will be added to the GIFF 2017 bookmark list and will receive the GIFF film reel file prior to the event.
Are you looking for GIFF Geocoins or other merchandise items? Check out our Shop.
- Grand River, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
- N 43° 25.330′ W 080° 24.930′
Yer tale begins in a disreputable harbor tavern, where ye seek information ‘bout lost pirate gold from a grizzled ole sea dog…
‘Tis how this aquatic pirate treasure hunt begins.
Boîte à munitions dorée.
You’ve probably heard of Mega-Events or even been lucky enough to attend a Mega. But, have you ever thought about what goes into planning and hosting your own Mega-Event? Gosh, if only other Mega-Event hosts could share the best tips and tricks to help each other…
Well lucky you! Amazing French geocachers, -Vainilla- (Lorena) and -Ruby- (Oriol), who hosted GeoNord Events for the past three years have come up with a great concept: The Golden Ammo Box. Read on to find out how Mega-Event hosts are paying it forward and helping others along the way.