Things are getting reel! The Geocaching International Film Festival (GIFF) is only three months away (November 11-21) and now is the perfect time to start planning your Event.
Are you showing GIFF in a theater, at home, or hosting an outdoor event? Secure any special permissions, confirm your local health guidance on gatherings, and get the word out to your friends and community about your Event ahead of time so you can plan for the space and headcount.
Given the rapidly evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation around the world, those who are not able to host or attend an Event this year can still earn the GIFF souvenir. The GIFF reel will be made available on YouTube on November 22, 2021 at 6:00 pm UTC. Watch the reel online and earn the GIFF souvenir by discovering the special trackable code.
How to host a GIFF Event:
- Read the official tips for hosting an Event and Frequently Asked Questions.
- Submit your Event listing on Geocaching.com at least two weeks prior to the date of your Event.
- Once your Event is published, fill out the GIFF Sign Up Form.
- Wait for your Event to be approved via email by the GIFF team at HQ.
- Approved Events will be added to the official GIFF 2021 List and will receive the GIFF film reel file prior to the Event.
Questions you should think about while planning:
- What equipment will you use to show the finalist films?
- How many people will come and how many seats do you need?
- Will your film night have a theme, snacks, or film judging?
For more inspiration, check out these 39 amazing moments from GIFF 2017.
Are you looking for GIFF Geocoins or other merchandise items? Stay tuned for GIFF 2021 merchandise, coming soon to Shop Geocaching!