Ten tips for newbies looking for their first geocache
So you’ve heard about this “geocaching” thing for a while now, and you’ve finally signed up on Geocaching.com or through the Geocaching® app. You’ve done a search, selected a great cache to find, and now you’re within 30 feet of the cache. So, now what?
Here are ten tips for newbies looking for their first geocache.
1. Use your eyes, hands, and geo-senses
2. Look for something that seems out of place
3. Geocaches are often disguised
4. Think like a detective
5. Geocaches should never be buried
6. Look high, look low, look around
7. Respect your surroundings
8. Check the hint
9. Check the latest activity
10. Be patient
One last tip: Always, always ALWAYS bring a pen!
Remember every single geocacherstarted out as a brand new geocacher and had to learn the ropes. And just like getting to Carnegie Hall, geocaching takes practice, practice, practice.