It’s 2022 and hopefully you have already set your geocaching goals. Maybe you vowed to get an FTF (first to find), embark on a yearlong streak, or solve those Mystery Caches on your ‘unsolved puzzles’ List. Most of the geocaching goals that come to mind are about finding caches but don’t worry. Since we announced 2022 as the Year of the Hide, we compiled the top ten resolutions for cache owners.
- Hide a new cache that earns at least ten Favorite points.
- Visit your cache(s) every two months to ensure they’re in good condition.
- Take action on Needs maintenance logs or a string of DNFs within two weeks.
- Find at least ten caches with ten or more Favorite points. Then, apply what you loved about those caches to your owned hides.
- Place a geocache that is accessible to people of all abilities.
- Reflect on the least favorite cache you’ve hidden. Ask yourself how you would make that cache better if you could do it again.
- Follow us on Instagram to get inspired for your future hides.
- Visit your cache owner dashboard frequently to keep up to date on your hides.
- Pick a geocaching friend who has never placed a cache before and introduce them to the art of hiding.
- Summon your inner Marie Kondo and declutter your caches. If one no longer sparks joy there is no shame in archiving it and making room for a new cache.
What are your cache owner goals this year? Share in the comments!